Thursday, May 22, 2014

Tasty, Jackie-Made Treats

Recently (and by recently I mean the past year or so) I have been practicing the art of making tasty and beautiful treats. This post is to show off my accomplishments, because really why make something pretty and not take a picture of it.

We'll start with my birthday cake. The real challenge in making cakes is that Ammon doesn't like them very much. So this cake is no ordinary fluff cake. It is a layered pineapple upside-down cake. That means that the filling is the tasty pineapple, brown sugar mix typically found on the bottom of pineapple upside-down cake. mmmm... so good. I'm also rather proud of my decorations, though admittedly I'm showing the pretty side of the cake. :)



This next one I made for Easter. We had a bunch of Ammon's family over for a BBQ the Saturday before Easter. I asked Ammon what kind of dessert he wanted and he said trifle. Well, this was one tasty trifle. Fresh cut strawberries, real whipped cream, vanilla pudding with cream cheese mixed in, and delicious butter yellow cake. I also decorated some cupcakes (which I don't seem to have pictures of) so that such deliciousness wouldn't be wasted on unappreciative children. They didn't seem to mind too much. I think.





Have you started drooling yet? I have. 
Okay, the next item was made a while ago. I don't remember, maybe a year and a half ago. Ammon had recently gotten me a bundt cake pan and this was one of my creations. I couldn't tell you what kind it is anymore. It's been too long. Bundt cakes are often moister so Ammon approves of them more easily. Doesn't that chocolate look good?


And now for a less sweet thing. I like to tease Ammon about how he likes salty, greasy things. Whenever I ask him what kind of treat he wants at Christmas time it never fails that he requests a cheese ball. This one is from two years ago. I couldn't tell you what I put in the cream cheese mixture, but I found this neat design online and tried it out. It was pretty delicious. And just in case you can't tell, it's supposed to be a pine cone.


This last picture is not of a treat, but I wanted to put it somewhere. Mainly it is for Ann. Can you find a set? It is a 1 in 2500 chance that there isn't a set here. Still, we haven't found one yet.

That's all for the treat post. I hope you enjoyed it.

1 comment: